Seminars to Help You on Your Path to Home Ownership
Education is the Key to a Successful Transaction
Attend one or more of our free home buying seminars offered throughout the day! The information will give you the tools and confidence to compete effectively in today’s real estate market.
The presenters are local experts who have partnered with Coastal Housing Partnership in our commitment to helping you realize your dream of home ownership. They will help you understand what you need to know – and the questions you should ask – so that you are the strongest home buyer you can be.
10:00 a.m. - Doors Open!
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Free "How-To" Sessions
- 10:30 – 11:00
- Financial Readiness - How to Plan and Save for Your First Home
By Tamara Simmons, Wealth by Design
- This session will focus on planning, goal setting, budgeting and saving in preparation for buying a home. The importance of credit scores, credit reports and debt management will also be highlighted.
- 11:00 – 11:30
- Down Payment Assistance Programs & Tax Credits
By Steve Carrigan, Broadview Mortgage
- Everything you need to know about Down Payment Assistance and the Home Buyer's Tax Credit! Find out: how to find them; how much you qualify for; what restrictions there are; how you apply.
- 11:30 – 12:00
- Embracing the Essentials of Home Inspections
By Kay Wilson-Bolton, Century 21 Hometown Realty
- Finding the right home takes time and energy. Buying the right home requires work, intelligence, research and good business practices. Learn how valuable the home inspection is in your real estate transaction.
- 12:00 – 12:30
- What Does It Take to Afford Today’s Real Estate Market?
By Elizabeth Winterhalter, Bank of the West
- Don’t just wonder what it takes to purchase a home – come find out! This lender will walk you through the numbers to purchase a home – using a $ 400,000 home and a $600,000 home as examples. Find out if this fits your budget – you might be pleasantly surprised!
- 12:30 – 1:00
- Good Credit: Key to Successful Home Buying
By Denny Cooper, Santa Barbara Credit Solutions
- Good credit is key to being able to take advantage of the best home loan options and the best interest rates. Find out the Dos and Don’ts of good credit. Learn the steps to improve your credit and be in a position to be the most competitive buyer you can be.
- 1:00 – 1:30
- The Step-by-Step Loan Process – Dos & Don’ts to Prepare for a Home Purchase
By Kelly Marsh & Mark Johnson, Broadview Mortgage
- Your path to home ownership begins with the loan! The loan process will be explained step by step. You will learn what you need to do and what not to do to be the best prepared for your home purchase.
- 1:30 – 2:00
- How to Select a Real Estate Agent
By Peggy Sue Tierney, RE/MAX Gold Coast Realtors
- Choosing the right real estate agent is an essential part of finding the right home. Find out what you want to look for in an agent. Learn what questions to ask to help you determine if you’ve found the right agent for you.
- 2:00 – 2:30
- Obtaining a Home Loan: the American Dream is within Your Reach
By Bob Davis, Heritage Oaks Bank
- Buying a home doesn’t need to be complicated. Come learn the rules of the home loan process in order to make your transaction as smooth as possible. Being informed about the home loan process will give you the confidence you need to make a decision about the type of loan that is right for you.
Our "How-To" sessions are designed to meet you where you are on your path to home ownership - whether you’re ready to buy or refinance or looking to build strong credit and create a solid financial plan to meet your home ownership goal.
If you miss a seminar that looked interesting to you, please visit the presenters at their Exhibit Booths.
If you are an industry professional and would like to be considered for future event Coastal Housing Partnership speaking opportunities, please contact us.